Tuesday, January 4, 2011

You Are What You Love

If you are reading this right now, it means that I survived my Monday back to reality after my vacation. I may have required a coffee the size of my head to get things moving and shaking, but I'm back on track, back in the game, and back in the saddle, so to speak. I'm so excited for this post for a few big reasons. First of all, this was my very first photo shoot done with another blogger! Featured below is the beautiful & stylish Kate from O My Heart! - who I have been pals with for a number of years. Doing outfit shots together was so much fun - it's so much easier to be animated when you're with someone who a) understands outfit shots and b) laughs hysterically at your out take pictures. 




The second big reason this post was extra exciting to me was so I could take the opportunity to shout out a big thank you to Tieka of Selective Potential for helping me with my blog design. Tieka did my entire layout, including my header, buttons, font titles, linking, and well.. everything! I put this outfit together in direct inspiration from one of the first outfits that got me hooked on her blog last year - so gorgeous - I hope I did you justice with this interpretation!




(Dress: French Connection, Tights: Hue, Wedges: Aldo, Scarf: Mexx, Belt: Thrifted, Earrings: Aldo)




This dress was given to me by a dear friend who wore it once - beautifully - but decided that it just didn't suit her. It fit me like a glove, and I was so thankful to inherit such a high quality LBD. Thanks, S. <3 

To return the favor of these beautiful shots, I did Kate's photos for the day, and we finished with some hilariously effervescent side by side shots. Go on over to Kate's blog to see the rest of her look. So lovely!





Happy Tuesday, everyone!

17 comments:

Lynzy said...

I love how you wrapped the scarf around you with the belt, so adorable!! Getting back to work after vacation is always so horrible!! Blogging will get us through it ;)

xo Lynzy

kristine [kristine. or polly.] said...

I absolutely love the belted scarf look - I think I'll have to try it sometime! I said this on Kate's blog, but you two are so pretty and chic!


Kristine. Or Polly.

captain kimi said...

this scarf thing looks great.
Very elegant.

love, kimi

Katelyn said...

Love your make up and those cute booties!!Just found your blog through a tweet from teekuh.

Unknown said...

you two are so freakin' cute! love your scarf over your shoulders AND belted..awesome.
xx

Reddest Roar said...

I'd forgotten how chic a belted scarf looks - you look lovely. Must try it myself when the weather brightens...

Hope Adela Pasztor said...

i love your lace up boots and red lipstick! =)

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

Amanda @ Life with A.Co said...

Cute booties.

Looks like you and Kate had some fun! SO GREAT :)

The layout looks awesome - well done to T.

A.Co @ A.Co est. 1984

S and O said...

You guys look like such great friends!
Love the blue wrap :D
o(≧o≦)o
Xoxo
Sarah

james said...

soo soo cute.
hi, im your new follower
<3

Anonymous said...

Love your scarf! and you and Kate together are just the cutest :)

www.stylishyear.com

Aubrey said...

I just found your blog :) It's great to come across a lady like yourself with great style who, like myself just started blogging. It also took me a while to convince myself to do it.
I will be following you for sure.
Happy New Year!
http://aubsent-from-tx.blogspot.com/

TrophyBoutique said...

Yay for new blogs! This is an adorable outfit. I love the wedges and the belted scarf.
xo
Laurel

Anonymous said...

So pretty! I love that Tieka helped you out. The blog looks great! Love the red lip.

Xo,
Erika
www.styleactivist.com

NADIA ABOULHOSN said...

love the gray overcoat. the colors in it make it unique.

Nnenna said...

Beautiful outfit and I love your layout, Tieka did such a great job! :) So fun that you got to take pics with a good friend! following you now!

Tieka, Selective Potential said...

Aww, thank you so much for the shout-out!! I was so happy to work with you on your design!

And this outfit is so LOVELY! I'm so glad you took one of my earlier posts as inspiration for it!!

So excited to be reading your blog - it feels like it's been a long time coming!!
xo

Post a Comment