Friday, January 7, 2011

Rewind - Common Thief

Hello again! It's Friday, which is the day that is currently dedicated to my Rewind post of the week. Since I only started blogging a few weeks ago, but started taking photos in - oh - May - I have so many backlogged outfit posts. 

My very first rewind featured an outfit from a few years ago, when I was living in Ireland and simply thinking about starting a style blog. Can you tell I procrastinate a wee bit? The second rewind outlined my love for summer, and featured a small photo session that was done in a cornfield. For the third rewind, I sported a floral romper with tights, as it was September and the air was starting to chill. In that post I described my most frequent photo location, which is where I am in today's rewind. This was a few weeks before the Autumn had hit, on the very last day of August. 



I remember this day so well. It being one of the last days of summer, all of my pals were taking off to multiple beaches and swimming holes in order to enjoy one of the last hot days. In lieu of that, I had a date with my brain, spending my day solitary to take a walk across thebridge, visit the trees, and get some coffee.

I was inching towards fall, as you can tell from the military colored dress, brown tones, and sequin bag. I'm still searching for a perfect sequin clutch, but this one did just fine in a pinch, as I was lusting over all things sequin and maybe still am. I just cannot get enough!



(Dress: H&M, Shoes: Nine West, Belt & Tote: Thrifted from reNeu Boutique)




It's kind of late here in the East, and this whole blogging thing has been making me severely miss my bedtime. I think I will sit down over the weekend and work myself out a decent schedule in order to fit everything in during weekdays.

I want to say thank you to all of the bloggers who shouted me out this week - Tieka of Selective Potential, Kate of O My Heart!, and Barb of barbbarbbarb. It is hugely appreciated, and made this week of blogging so much fun. Thank you for reading, commenting, and following as well - every word of encouragement I've received from you new followers has really made my days. Happy weekend!


14 comments:

jEm said...

Hey Kristin! Your blog is looking great! I am totally digging this outfit in particular! maybe becuase it reminds me of the summer instead of thsi dreary snow! The belt is the perfect compliment!

Keep it up!

Julie

www.hiddenjems.blogspot.com

candice said...

"In lieu of that, I had a date with my brain." Sigh. I heart you.

kristine [kristine. or polly.] said...

This outfit is fantastic! That color green looks amazing on you. And that belt is fab.


Kristine. Or Polly.

Linley said...

love this look! the color combo is fantastic and it's all pulled together so well with that clutch! you look great!

this free bird said...

Oh my gosh Kristin the color of the dress is so pretty and it is great on you. The belt and shoes are perfect with it...oh fall weather what I wouldn't do for some right about now :)

Have a great weekend!
Carrie

Unknown said...

I love all of these colors together- esp. the olive back to the leopard print!
xo
BEE
www.atlantic-pacific.blogspot.com

Isabella Kiss said...

i love that green dress! the zipper is a cool detail!

james said...

gasps! love those shoes!

Rachel said...

The zippered dress is great, and I love all the buckles on that belt! :D

Jan said...

This outfit is incredible! And it's strange, you can almost feel like heat of summer through the photos (or maybe it's just that I'm freezing cold in Dublin and seriously excited for summer...)

potpiedumonde said...

What a gorgeous green color that is! The belt really complements the whole look- I just came across your blog and a huge fan!

Louise (Fifth Sparrow) said...

Hey Kristin!
I'm completely loving your blog, which is no surprise- any friend of Kate's and Tieka's must be pretty awesome! It also doesn't hurt that your outfits and photos are killer. This green is so pretty on you, especially with the sequins.
Can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve! xx

Rebecca Maureen said...

The color of that dress (incredibly beautiful, reminds me of Ireland for some reason...) and that belt are just perfect- and with those shoes!!!

Anonymous said...

You're so new in the blogger world! I had no idea! Well, I love the rewind idea - and to be frank, I am tired of sweaters and coats. I need some Spring dresses!

Xo,
Erika
www.styleactivist.com

Post a Comment