Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Chills

The thing about starting a blog once you have been documenting for, oh, almost 6 months, is that you have a profusion of photos to work through. What I have decided is that: while I can post many of my latest outfits in reference to the season, I cannot post beyond 2 months past and keep it current. For this, I've decided to incorporate a "rewind" post that will take place on Fridays, until I am all caught up.


I wore this warm corduroy blazer underneath my jacket during the first day it snowed. I have learned that being chilly in photos usually accounts for clenched fists, which can be highly distracting. But I live in Eastern Canada, which lends wind, snow, and ice with sub zero temperatures for aprox. 4-6 months of the year. It's not entirely desirable, but it's home. I've tried to take measures against my "winter hatred" this year, incorporating mohair socks and down-filled items into my wardrobe. It's helping. 


I cannot believe that I've owned this victorian necked blazer since 2005 - these types of wardrobe re-appearances make me want to never give anything away. It's funny how an item which can be so distaste-full at one point can be perfectly back in style only a few years later. I have always been funny when it comes to holding onto items that I adore, if not for styling reasons, but nostalgic ones. I just love when an item of clothing can tell me a story. Featured as well is a small studded headband from J. Crew. I love anything that can jazz up my hair, and bits of gold adorned across lovely olive ribbon works perfectly. 


(Blazer & Skirt: Urban Outfitters, Tights: Hue, Headband: J. Crew, Booties: Volatile)

0 comments:

Post a Comment