Friday, March 23, 2012

Layered Basics


Dress: Urban Planet / Knit: RW & Co. / Tights & Bracelet: H&M / Jacket: JACOB / Sunnies: Le Chateau 

Sometimes it's a warm March evening, you're heading to the movies (where the temperature is always unpredictable), and you just have to keep it layered and basic. I am still mid season transition, so pulling out colors like this coral, but pairing it with a knit and a transitional jacket, is the perfect way to bring my wardrobe from Winter to Spring and Summer. I am just about living in this jean jacket lately, as it seems to throw itself over every outfit with ease. I always love those pieces the most. These shots are from a few days ago, and as you can see, there is some disgusting multi-colored snow in the background. We've had a major heat wave since then and I can promise you that it's almost all completely gone. Keeping my fingers tightly crossed. Happy weekend!

P.S. Check out the Harvey's cup litter behind me in photo #1. An added touch of class, just for you. Man I love litterers. And yes, it was picked up.

10 comments:

Lubna said...

I really like the layers! The orange dress is gorgeous x

Lubna
ELLE VOX

Marie a la Mode said...

You layered this perfectly!

Krystin Lee said...

Def glad to see the snow melting in Canada :) So pretty xoxo
Krystin
Suburban Faux Pas

JennaStevie said...

I love the layering here, that dress is perfect under the sweater. I find jean jackets like this go so well with everything and are so great for spring. Almost all our snow had melted and then we got hit with a huge snow storm yesterday. Tis' the life of a Canadian.
xJennaD

Leigh-Ellen said...

Love this outfit. And temperatures in movie theatres are so unreliable!

Giovanna said...

Super cute outfit! Love the layering!

xx
Giovanna
www.oliveandanarrow.com

Cortnie Elizabeth said...

Love the layering!

xo,Cortnie
http://stylelustpages.com

Tesa said...

adorable!

Adrianna Traxler said...

this is something i would totally wear! I love wearing collared shirts with sweater...it's very school girl

Xo Adri @LovelyFringe

allie said...

LOVE this look - the perfect amount of neutrals & that burnt orange ties it all together. I am liking the textile pattern on the sweater also.

Great blog! :)

Post a Comment