Monday, February 7, 2011

Slate

Hello friends. Happy Monday! I bring to you a happy-ish, smiling-ish outfit post from the tropics of this weekend (+2). I was so ecstatic to get some photos in this weekend (outfit and non-outfit alike) that I couldn't help but exude my toasty energy with a small smile. I was also excited to wear a skirt that has been sitting on my floor for 6 months. I am a culprit for this fashion faux pas which involves buying things that I leave a price tag on for months. Does anyone else share this bad, bad habit?



I wore this sweater in another post here, and it was just as warm then as it was today. It is like a little cropped furnace on my upper half, and I couldn't love it more. I picked up this necklace for cheap-o after deciding that I needed some bolder, more cumbersome pieces. If you have located some overzealous jewelry items online, please share!



I hope that everyone has a wonderful February Monday. I dislike this month for the most part, but I'm going to make the most of it. We got loads of snow over the weekend, and taking pictures of the blinding white trees throughout the city outskirts was my most favorite part of the weekend. I also promise you that I'm not picking my nose in the last picture, but removing my hair from my mouth - a common occurrence! Tons of love. 



(Skirt: H&M, Crop Sweater: RW & Co., Tights: Hue, Booties: Volatile from Je Suis Prest, Necklace: Urban Planet)


11 comments:

Rachel said...

I really like your skirt! I've seen two like it, but they've either been too expensive or out of my size, though. :/
This outfit looks really cute on you!

Kate said...

Yay, I'm glad you wore the skirt instead of buying a new one! Good life choice for the time being! And wearing it will tell you more if you need the other skirt or not! This outfit is darling, love the sweater with it! Cozy AND cute is always the best combo. xo.

Barb said...

^^ See, I was thinking that this skirt is not like the JSP skirt at all!

love your posts, Kristin!!!

Emma Dilemma said...

I'm adoring this outfit!
My current favorite chunky, funky, bold pieces is here;
http://www.etsy.com/listing/65452861/wintergreen-chunky-beaded-choker

Valerie said...

SO SO CUTE! I wanted that skirt and they were sold out in my size. It's such a fun look.

Kara said...

lol i love your not-picking-my-nose disclaimer! That is such a great sweater and skirt! Combined they look amazing! I need a cozy cropped sweater like that! Happy Monday! :)

xo

TrophyBoutique said...

eeeee! I love the way you've styled this skirt! Super cute with the light gray.

Nnenna said...

lol, you are hilarious- the tropics of +2 degrees! Well I am glad you have your furnace of a sweater to keep you warm and I love your skirt! :)

star-crossed smile

Rebecca Jane said...

I love the skirt! And also - I was literally looking at that very same sweater at RW here in Ottawa the other day and thinking how cute it was. Love how you've styled it.

Kristy said...

I'm totally following you now! x

myheartstumbles.blogspot.com

Tieka, Selective Potential said...

That skirt is just amazing!! I love it! The bow in the front is so cute. The only thing I really like about February is that spring starts the next month.. haha! And I guess Valentine's Day is fun ;)

Post a Comment