Monday, March 14, 2011

Crown of Love

Something that I do not do very often is photograph indoors. I guess I have been trying to get used to manually lighting over the months, and I'm finally confident enough to show you some shots from the warmth of the inside. I detest flash (unless used super professionally), but this particular day I was just not going outdoors. That said, it shouldn't be too much trouble getting outside for photos from here on out, as this weekend served as a wonderful sneak peek into Spring. I was excited to style this blouse up for Winter, but I am really excited to style it up for Spring and Summer! Hi, it's polka dot, ruffled, and sheer!




It seems I was feeling very Margot Tenenbaum in this outfit, yes? I ordered this headband from ASOS after spotting it online, feeling it was a little McQueen-esque. I'm a big, big fan of quirky details, which makes for piles of laughter when reflecting on outfits of years past. What are some of your favorite quirky pieces? Statement necklaces? Flower pins? Belts? Over sized studded earrings? Sigh, I love them all! Have a really happy Monday. I was so slow moving this morning, but caffeine seems to be taking effect, so things should be peachy from here on out. 




(Skirt: Mexx, Blouse & Earrings: J. Crew, Booties: Volatile, Headband: ASOS)

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Soooooo lovely! Very Margot-esque in the best way possible. (also, if you're referring to the arcade fire song in your post title, I love that song, too)

Unknown said...

beautiful outfit! love the accessorizing!

Marie a la Mode said...

I love the blouse and all of your accessories. You took great indoor photos! Wish I could do the same ; )

barb c said...

ummm your house. Beautiful.

I really like the head band!

Unknown said...

gorgeous shirt and i love the necklaces and the shoes! you're always so feminine :)

<3 steffy
steffysprosandcons.blogspot.com

Rachel said...

Such a wonderful outfit, and the setting is perfect! You have a real 60's atmosphere going. :D

Rebecca Jane said...

Love that polkadot blouse - it looks great how you've styled it up with those fun accessories too! My favourite quirky pieces generally are necklaces, earrings, brooches or rings. Jewelry, I suppose! Although I do love me a good headband or hair clip..

Amber said...

love this look from head to toe. I have tried to take pics inside but I can never get the lighting right, you did a great job

Natalie Brooke said...

Beautiful outfit, beautiful photos! Have a great day! :)

Shybiker said...

Is this your house? What a beautiful stairway and high ceilings. Your outfit is pretty, too!

Miranda said...

Great outfit, I love the look you've got going on here and the photos are beautiful!
They look professional.


~Miranda
www.indcfashion.com

Post a Comment