Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Viva la Frida

Happy Halloween, friends! So, if you follow me on twitter, you'd have seen me tweet regarding Halloween, and that I'd decided to be something that "incorporates both a floral headpiece & a uni brow". A few people guessed my costume right away, and I must say, reactions from folks when out on Saturday night were beyond positive. I know that I love Frida Kahlo's story, and I was glad to see that other people donned an affection for her as well.

So, since I didn't get any REAL photos of my costume, I figured I would share some of the Instagram snaps that I took that night (you can follow me there, too, under: dollparade) - Insta-Frida's, if you will. So very sorry about the poor quality, but I sort of promised you back here that I would share my costume.

I hope that everyone has a very safe & very happy all hallow's eve!


My final product.


Sitting down to create my floral headpiece (maybe my favorite part of the experience).


Finished headpiece - I took inspiration from this photo.


Trying it on with a test run of scarf braids.


Success in the hair department.

6 comments:

JennaStevie said...

The costume looks so awesome!! I am super impressed ! Such a wonderful idea
xJennaD

brynn said...

Turned out so well! Love it. Thanks for sharing!

Amber said...

holy fantastic, your costume is big ole 10 in my book!

rachel s said...

success entirely, this is too perfect! x

Rebecca Jane said...

Such a seriously fantastic costume!

Crazy Style Love said...

Ha ha ha, OMG, this is one of the best costumes EVER! You look absolutely perfect!!

xo Jenny
www.crazystylelove.com

Post a Comment