Friday, July 5, 2013

Trumpet


Skirt: Ricki's / Top: F21 / Shoes: Thrifted / Necklaces: Vintage & F21 / Sunnies: Le Chateau / Watch: Guess 

It would be safe to say that I'm mildly obsessed with drop waists & trumpet hems. The frequency of emails that I have sent to Candice & Kate with links to various favourites (oh hi, oh hi, oh hiiiii) has been a bit much, and god bless them for putting up with me. I've been hemming & hawing over which items I should take the plunge on & add to my closet, and that's really mostly because the fit with this style is so flipping tricky. Mega fitted on the hips & butt... not generally my most desired cut.

Then I found this skirt. This skirt looks like this skirt, but guess what.. it isn't that skirt. I found this replica at Ricki's - can you even believe that? Almost identical, fraction of the price. And it was distinguishably on sale from its regular price, so I paid, legit, $18 for it. A fashion miracle.

I also have to send a big nod out to Alicia on this look. She instagrammed something that directly inspired me, which is a pretty common occurrence. 

Have a happy weekend!

5 comments:

Sophie said...

Wow check you out! You look gorgeous!
Sophie
x

RoselyC said...

You look amazing and the skirt is fabulous. And for 18$ talk about scoring a deal!

Caroline said...

Love it! I may just have to check out Ricki's!

xo Caroline

Larissa @ Living in Color | A Lifestyle Blog said...

The shape of that skirt is fabulous! Loving how you paired it with a graphic tee!

xo, elle | Living in Color.
10 more days to enter the Stella & Dot Giveaway!

Bow and Tie said...

Bow & Tie offers stylish, comfortable, and thoughtfully designed clothing for kids and women. Explore trendy kids’ night suits, pajama sets, boys’ and girls’ wear, along with comfortable women’s clothing. With quality fabrics, playful designs, and modern styles, Bow & Tie makes everyday fashion comfortable, fun, and effortless

Post a Comment